2006年考研英语10天作文突破
guolei12344
guolei12344 Lv.12
2006年01月06日 09:13:01
只看楼主

Day OnePart A:Your university library intends to improve its service and facilities. Write a letter to the chief librarian to1) explain who you are,2) say what you like about the library,3) suggest ways in which it could be improved.

Day One

Part A:

Your university library intends to improve its service and facilities. Write a letter to the chief librarian to

1) explain who you are,

2) say what you like about the library,

3) suggest ways in which it could be improved.

You should write about 100 words on ANSWER SHEET 2. Do not sign your own name at the end of the letter. Use “Li Ming” instead. You do not need to write the address.

Dear Sir or Madam,

I write in response to your invitation to students to propose ways for the improvement of the library.

I am a fourth-year student majoring in educational psychology and I find that the level of student service is excellent. Indeed, every member of your staff is, without exception, extremely polite and helpful.

However, I feel that our library is in need of more up-to-date publications as well as a full set of classical and reference works. In addition, if you could supply more computers in the library, the research needs of both the students and the teachers will be more fully satisfied.

I am looking forward to your reply.

Yours sincerely,

Li Ming

Part B

Directions:

Study the following picture carefully and write an essay in which you should

1) describe the picture,

2) interpret its meaning,and

3) state your plan to do so.

You should write about 160-200 words neatly on ANSWER SHEET 2.(20 points)

The picture shows that an adult hand holding a gold coin between his thumb and index finger is going to drop it into a piggy bank,which is usually used by children for saving coin money. On the piggy bank two academic caps are represented. The picture is simple and its meaning is clear: young adults should manage to finance themselves for their higher education rather than rely on their families for support whether they can afford or not.

The market economy and competitive society prompt most young people to drive themselves vigorously studying for higher academic degrees, and some of them are seeking opportunities to study abroad. However, great expense hampers their desire for higher studies. In overcoming the financial obstacle, selfreliance is most advisable while dependence on parents or relatives is shameful.

As an adult student, I am planning to pursue graduate studies by workstudy strategy. My arrangement consists of two steps: First, I shall go through my first twoyear courses by both winning scholarships with excellent academic achievements and taking parttime jobs, such as campus work, teaching assistant, private teacher, etc. Then, I’ll interrupt my regular course to work for a certain organization or company for one or two years. This I shall do for the double purpose of saving enough money for further education and getting some knowledge of social conditions, which may help to turn my book learning into something practical. When I resume my graduate studies a year or two later, I shall finish my program with a both creative and practical thesis.

Furthermore, I intend to study for a Doctor’s degree in the same way.

guolei12344
2006年01月06日 09:13:28
2楼
Day Two

Part A

Directions:

You are a graduate of History. Write a letter of your college professor to request a recommendation letter to support your application for a position with a publishing company. Your letter should cover:

1) reminding him of you and your performance,

2) things you hope to be reflected in his letter, and

3) the way of mailing the letter.

Dear Professor,

I’m writing to you to request a letter of recommendation. I hope you remember me, Li Ming, a student in your class a year ago. My final paper received an A from you, and it was published in the college journal that year.

I have applied for an editorial position with the MH Publishing Company, which asks for 3 letters of recommendation, I would much appreciate it if you could write one for me, which would reflect your understanding of my attitude for writing and editing, and leadership abilities. My enclosed resume is for your reference in writing the letter.

Please use the attached envelope, addressed and stamped, to mail your letter directly to the company.Thank you again for your time on this matter.

Sincerely yours,

Li Ming

Part B

Directions:

A. Study the following graphs carefully and write an essay in about 160~200 words.

B. Your essay must be written neatly on ANSWER SHEET 2.

C. Your essay should cover these three points:

1. Describe the picture

2. Deduce the purpose of the drawer of the picture

3. Suggest your counter – measures

Basically, what we see in this picture is a bird lamenting the fact that its home has been destroyed. Of course, birds usually make their homes in trees, and since there are no trees left in the picture – only the stumps, to show that the original trees have been chopped down – the bird is left without shelter. In fact, the bird has no choice but to perch on the handle of an axe, which has been used to destroy its original home.

We can deduce from this picture that the drawer is trying to attract our attention to the tragedy of the destruction of forests, which is part of the threat to the ecological balance of the planet. He seems to be saying that soon there will be no trees left in the world. In my opinion, the sad little bird is a symbol of all living things, including human beings, and, like the bird, we too will be left homeless if we allow the destruction of the environment to continue.

This simple picture is a wake – up call for the whole of the human race. If this vivid image of the grim future of our planet is not to become a reality, we must take positive steps right now to put an end the plundering of the Earth’s natural resources. It is clear that the drawer of the picture is urging us to start with a campaign to save the forests, which is something all of us can join by urging our local authorities to take positive measures to save the trees.

回复
guolei12344
2006年01月06日 09:13:48
3楼
Day Three

Part A

Directions:

You are a college graduate in Law. Write a letter to a law office to apply for a position,which should include:

1) the position of your application,

2) the reason of your interest in the job,

3) your related knowledge,skills and experience.

You should write about 100 words on ANSWER SHEET 2. Do not sign your name at the end of the letter. Use “Li Ming” instead. You do not need to write the address. (10 points)

Dear Madam,

This letter is reference to the position of a lawyer assistant that was listed through our College Career Center. As a bachelor of law, I am eager to utilize my research and writing skills while working as a lawyer assistant. I have tremendous capacity to undertake research and report findings in clear and concise fashion.

I work well under the pressure of deadlines, and I have been involved in many group projects. My work experiences have taught me that one must be prepared to do so for your Law Office.

Enclosed please find my resume and diploma (copy). Your consideration of my credentials would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely yours,

Li Ming

Part B

Now some Chinese college students are very dependent on their parents. Study the following picture carefully and write an essay, in which you should cover the following points:

1) a descri ption of the picture and the problems it reveals;

2) the cause of these problems;

3) your views on the phenomenon.

How vivid and accurate the picture is in describing one of the most serious social problems concerning college students in China! As is shown in the picture, a college student, held in his father’s arm, concentrates on the book he is reading, whereas his father, sweating, carries him with great difficulty. It clearly reveals that in current China, college students are, more often than not, a burden for their parents to shoulder rather than independent young adults, as they should be.

It is widely known that recent years have witnessed a dramatic increase in various fees charged by the universities. High tuition fees, plus lodging and other expenses, have become a heavy burden for university students’ parents, many of whom are farmers or laid-off workers(下岗工人). Parents’ worries also come from the heavy dependency of today’s college students, many of whom are bookworms depending on their parents for everything, Some of them even send clothes home for their parents to wash. In their mind, it is indisputably parents’ duty to take care of them.

In my opinion, college students should be educated to stand on their own two feet. And government and education institutes should also help to relieve the parents’ economic burdens. Fortunately, some measures have been taken. For example, banks distribute loans to students; universities cut down charges on poor students and provide them with part time employment. As a result, we have witnessed some improvements but still there is a long way to go.

回复
guolei12344
2006年01月06日 09:14:15
4楼
Day Four

Part A

You are preparing for taking the entrance test for MA in economics. Write a letter to the dean of the Economics School of a famous university to enquire about:

1) the subjects to be tested,

2) the number of students for enrollment, and

3) any guiding or training courses.

You should write about 100 words on ANSWER SHEET 2. Do not sign your name at the end of the letter. Use “Li Ming” instead. You do not need to write the address.(10 points)

Dear Madam or Sir,

I am a university graduate of Economics, preparing to sit for the entrance test for MA of your School. I’m eager to know what subjects and their scopes are to be tested, and what question patterns are to be used. I’d be very grateful if I could get a copy of printed outlines or descri ptions of them.

I’m also concerned with your planned enrolment figure. Do you have any extra quota for enrolment?

It’d be nice if you inform me whether you will offer any pretest guiding or training courses and materials. How can I get them, if any?

Thank you for your time on my enquiries. I’m looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely yours,

Li Ming

Part B

As china opens up to the world, more and more western ideas come into this ancient country.

There has been a discussion recently on this issue in a newspaper. Write an essay to the newspaper to express your views.

Your argument should be based on the following cartoon and should cover these points:

1) a descri ption of the cartoon

2) the problems it reveals

3) your views and comments

In the cartoon we see a servant bringing a cup of coffee for the emperor. The joke is that the idea of emperor and the idea of coffee do not usually come together. It is funny to think of the emperor drinking coffee. But the cartoon may yet have another meaning. It implies that emperor, if he is still there today, will have learned to drink coffee. Modernization is a historical trend.

China is a country with a long history. It has many special traditions and customs. They are the nation’s great treasures and we should do our best to preserve them.However, as China opens up to the world, more and more foreign ideas and products come into the country. How we take this western influence and what relationship should be established between the east and the west have become urgent questions for us to answer. For example, should we allow a coffee shop to be opened in the Forbidden City, a place which is thought to represent the essence of oriental life? Can the coffee shop integrate itself into the surrounding or will it form an eye sore?

I believe that we should be open-minded about western influence. If it is good, we should not refuse it. A coffee shop in the Forbidden City will not pose any threat to our traditional culture. It will instead provide a convenient resting place for visitors who have to walk through the huge palace. The spirit of the 21st century is one of cooperation and coexistence. We should allow different cultures to exist together and flourish together.

回复
guolei12344
2006年01月06日 09:15:01
5楼
Day Five

Part A

You have just spent a weekend staying at the St. Rogers Hotel in Beijing. When you get home you find that you have left a bag at the hotel. Write to the manager of the hotel:

1) enquire whether the bag has been found,

2) give any relevant information about the bag and its contents,

3) ask the manager to contact you immediately if the bag is found and tell him/her how the bag can be sent to you.

Dear Sir or Madam:

I stayed in Room 603 of your hotel on the 10th of August , 2004. Could you please check your Lost and Found Department and see if my bag is there?

The bag is a small black, leather document case. Inside it, you will find several business cards and a photo of Mr. Li Gaofei. These things are not very valuable in money terms, but they have a lot of personal value.

I would appreciate it if you could contact me as soon as possible. If you could send the bag to me by EMS, I would be most grateful. Thank you for your help.

Sincerely yours,

Li Ming

Part B

Nowadays, many female college graduates find it very hard to find a satisfying position because the employers set extra requirements for them to meet. Study the following drawing carefully and write an essay in which you should

1) describe the picture;

2) discuss the causes of the phenomenon;

3) find some solutions.

I was profoundly shocked by what I have seen in this picture. As is shown in the picture, employers are particular about the female applicants for vacancies. They have extra requirements that women job seekers should be young and beautiful, but ironically, they only offer the low-paying positions without retirement pension, welfares, and weekends.

What is reveled in this picture is a prevalent phenomenon in contemporary society. Some employers set very high standards for their female employees who must be not only qualified in education, but also outstanding in personal appearance. Therefore, it is not strange to hear reports about female graduates from famous universities failing to find a job because of the prejudices and the high standard held by the employers.

Then what can we do to tackle this problem? One of the solutions, in my opinion, is that a positive attitude should be created in society towards female applicants. Women can over perform men in many aspects such as carefulness, patience, delicacy. On the other hand, female employers also should have confidence and the firm belief hat if they are really, they can surely find a satisfactory job despite all the prejudices.

回复
guolei12344
2006年01月06日 09:15:23
6楼
Day Six

Part A

You live in a room in college which you share with another student. You find it very difficult to work there because your roommate always has friends visiting. Write a letter to the Accommodation Officer at the college and:

1) ask for a new room next term,

2) explain your reasons,

3) want a single room.

Dear Sir or Madam:

I am writing to inform you that I wish to move into a new room next semester. I would prefer a single room, as I find the present sharing arrangement inconvenient.

I must explain that the reason for my dissatisfaction is my roommate’s inconsiderate behavior. For one thing, his friends are constantly visiting him; for another, he regularly holds noisy parties.

I am sure you will agree that the only solution is for me to move into a room of my own. Therefore, I would be grateful if you could find a single room for me, preferably not in the same building but as near to the college campus as possible.

Sincerely yours,

Li Ming

Part B

Directions:

1. Study the following picture carefully and write an essay about 160-200 words.

2. Your essay must be written neatly on ANSWER SHEET 2.

3. Your essay should meet the requirements below:

1) Write out the messages conveyed by the picture.

2) Give your comments.

In recent years, people are developing an inseparable relationship with Internet. As is vividly depicted in the picture, it is convenient for us to click the mouse when surfing on line, either to entertain ourselves or to meet the work’s needs. Actually on-line visiting has become a routine activity in our everyday life. However, it seems rather ironic to use a chain instead of normal cable to connect with the mouse in this picture. The exaggerative and impressive portrayal has subtly revealed the duality of the relationship between man and Internet.

Discussion on the duality has become very popular in newspapers or in people’s chats. On the one hand, no one denies that Internet is currently one of the most useful media in our daily life. People from all walks of life are benefiting considerably from its powerful function of information communication. As a college student, I get on line everyday to learn the news, to study English by registering for web courses, to exchange information through e-mails with my net friends and to download my favorite music, flash, film and pictures. Being a veteran on-line shopper, I frequently purchase books, CDs at much lower prices. But on the other hand, a good many people admit that they are too much addicted to Internet to maintain a regular and wholesome lifestyle. Cyber-living resembles the experience of looking constantly into a kaleidoscope which displays both colored patterns and illusions. Once indulged in the fictitious world, people can barely concentrate on real life. Consequently, many students just chat on line or play computer games immoderately everyday, skipping many important classes. Such a waste of time inevitably leads to their failure in the exams.

Therefore, it is necessary for us to use Internet in a reasonable way and restrain from overindulgence. After all Internet is invented to enrich our life, to connect you and me, and to improve the efficiency of our work rather than shackle us with a chain.

回复
guolei12344
2006年01月06日 09:15:56
7楼
Day Seven

Part A

You have a friend who is about to enter university, and he wants you to advise him on which subject to specialize in——history, in which he is very interested, or computer science, which offers better job prospects.

1) give your suggestions,

2) explain the reasons,

3) other recommendation.

Dear Marilyn:

You have asked me for my advice concerning whether you should study history or computer science at university, and I will try to make some useful suggestions.

You must keep in mind that, above all, your university training is a preparation for your future career. There is no doubt that the field of computer science offers far wider job opportunities than history. Besides, for the foreseeable future, not only will it be necessary for everyone to be computer-literate, it will also be necessary to be equipped with computer skills merely to earn a living.

Of course, I would recommend that you keep up your reading of history in your spare time.

Sincerely yours,

Li Ming

Part B

Directions: For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write a composition about 160-200 words under the title of “What will money bring us, fortune or misfortune?” Your composition should be based on the following story given in Chinese. Give at least two reasons to support your choice.

What will money bring us, fortune or misfortune?

The question of whether money will bring us fortune or misfortune is open to everybody’s judgment. But I would say that money bring more misfortune than fortune, as is revealed in the above story. The story tells us that a father died of a fire simply because he wanted to take his money by risking his life for money. Actually, he would have been able to save himself if he had not cared so much about his money. In this case, it was money that took his life, bringing misfortune to him.

There are some reasons why money can bring misfortune for some people. First, some people forget about friendship when they see money. They would give friends for money. But, as a song suggests, “you can always draw on them when you have many friends.” For those who discard their friends for the sake of money, there would not be any friends to depend upon when they are really in need. Second, too much money can ruin some people. If they fail to realize that money is not the ultimate goal/end but only a means to help live a life, they will be at a loss when faced with money. Some even trade/sacrifice their conscience for money, thus bringing misfortune not only to themselves, but also to others.

Therefore, it is necessary for us to take a right attitude toward money
回复
guolei12344
2006年01月06日 09:16:24
8楼
Day Eight

Part A

you borrowed some recent issues of U.S. business magazine from your professor a month ago, but delayed returning them. write a letter of apology to your professor, stating your reasons for the delay and expressing your thanks.

Dear Professor,

The issues of U.S. business magazine I borrowed from you a month ago are being delivered to you by EMS. I am really sorry for not returning them sooner as intended. Please accept my sincere apology, as well as my genuine thanks.

I found the articles I was looking for from the magazines and got a lot of valuable information. Unexpectedly, I was slower in getting them through than had promised.

It was very kind of you to lend me these magazines, and I hope the delay has not been an inconvenience to you. I owe you very much indeed for these magazines.

Respectfully your,

Li Ming

Part B

Directions: Read the story in Chinese below, and then write write an essay about 160-200 words under the title of “The Goal of Life”. Your composition should be based on the story and the following outline:

1. What have you learned from the story?

2. What is the goal of your life? If you have achieved the goal of your life, what would you do?

After reading this instructive story, we can learn that there is no goal, there is no life, and that we should set new goals for life in different periods of life. Otherwise a sad story such as the disabled man mentioned in the story would happen. Only with the renewed goals, can we improve ourselves step by step, and make our life more colorful and meaningful.

Certainly, everyone has his own goal of life, and I have mine too. My goal is to become a famous surgeon. I’ll work hard to achieve this goal by learning and practicing more, so that I can make myself more knowledgeable and skillful, and thus benefit my patients. If I have achieved this goal, I would set a new one. Then, I’ll do my best to achieve it.

Therefore, everyone should set different goals at different times of life, and try his best to achieve them one by one. In this way, we will live happily and hopefully.

回复
guolei12344
2006年01月06日 09:16:45
9楼
Day Nine

Part A

Suppose you are going to graduate. You want to hold a yard sale before you leave. Write a poster to advertise your sale, providing the following information:

1) time and place of the sale;

2) items for sale, and

3) ways to contact you.

Yard Sale

As graduation is approaching, we English major seniors are holding a yard sale on campus. Welcome to participate and choose the items you need.

Time: June 1-2, from 10:00 AM to 17:00 PM

Place: In front of the second dining hall

Items for sale: All type of books (especially in the subject of English language and literature), reading lamps, fans, tables, etc., in addition to other everyday necessities.

Contact: For detailed information, contact Li Ming at 01088826667.

We have the largest collection and the lowest prices. Don’t miss the chance to be there.

Senior Students of English Department

Part B

Direction:There are certain qualities which we must possess if we are to succeed in life. Study the provided illustration carefully.Please include:

1) a detiled descri ption of the illustration;

2) your understanding the image’s symbolic meaning;

3) you opinion regarding the accuracy of the statement

You should write about 160~200 words neatly on ANSWER SHEET 2.

In the above illustration we see a young man with the top of his head flipped, into which he is placing books. The man is carrying an oxygen tank with the word ‘courage’ written on it. He also carries a large adventure’s backpack. He is dressed in exercise clothes as he climbs over a mysterious, sandy landscape. He shirt has a ‘V’ on it .which symbolizes victory.

This illustration symbolizes the three key factors that are necessary to have if one wants to be a successful person. Placing books into one’s mind symbolizes the acquisition of knowledge, which is the first necessary quality. The backpack and the clothing suggest that one must be physically fit and healthy if one wants to gain success. Of course ,there is also the tank which means that one should muster up courage . By combining these three ideas we can conclude the images symbolic meaning as ‘to be a successful person, one must have knowledge, strength and courage.’

There three factors are definitely necessary if one hopes to gain success in life. Accumulated wisdom is necessary to out-think one’s opponents. Being physically fit is necessary to out-last one’s opponent. Finally,courage is necessary if one hopes to venture into areas that his opponents fear to tread. With these three attributes, a person can achieve all of his goals.

回复
guolei12344
2006年01月06日 09:17:05
10楼
Day Ten

Part A

You are the president of a company. Write a memo to John Keats, the vice-president on the employee’s training on computer:

1) The need to train the employees,

2) detailed information,

3) ask him to write a plan.

You should write about 100 words on ANSWER SHEET 2. Do not sign your name at the end of the letter. Use “Li Ming” instead. You do not need to write the address.

To:John Keats, Vice President

Date:January 10th, 2005

Subject:Computer Training of the Staff

As we discussed earlier this week, I agree with you that our firm is faced up with problem of the high rate of computer illiteracy of the staff. We need to make up a plan for training our employees in the new field.

I would like you to design our own in-house computer-training program. We had better classify the employees and put them through the program in turn.

Write up a brief proposal, describing what you think the program should cover. Assume the class runs four hours a week for ten weeks. Also, assume people have no prior computer knowledge or any formal course work in computer science.

Yours sincerely,

Li Ming

Part B

A. Study the cartoon given below carefully and write an essay of about 160-200 words.

B. Your essay should cover all the information of the cartoon and meet the following requirement:

1. Interpret the cartoon

2. Explain the intention of the drawer

3. Your measures.

People tend to try very odd things for their diet now. In the cartoon, a hotel serves such an odd dinner. On the table, you cannot only see birds and frogs, but also cats and snakes, and even mice. It is said that such dinners are very popular in some areas of China.

The intention of the cartoonist warns us of the possible consequences such dinners can bring about to human beings. To begin with, killing animals is like killing our friends. As we know, many people raise cats and birds as pets and as their friends. Pets can greatly enrich our life. Secondly, any species of wildlife plays a role in the ecological system. If we eat snakes and frogs, we may lead some of them to extinction, and the ecological balance will be broken. Finally, some animals are carriers of bacteria and viruses, and if we take them to our table, it is possible that we may develop diseases.

Therefore, measures must be taken to stop such practice. We should educate the public and help them aware of the importance of wildlife protection and a healthy diet. Also, laws must be made by the government to punish those who catch animals as food.

回复
xunlu
2006年01月07日 14:50:00
11楼
多谢楼主,已经保存了,有时间好好学学!!!
回复

相关推荐

APP内打开